Follow the Leader
More than 10 ministries around the world trace their beginnings to the mission and testimony of Richard and Sabina Wurmbrand. [Enter “Wurmbrand” in the Search box to find out more about the Wurmbrands.]
One of the ministries in The Voice of the Martyrs’ family of missions is VOM Australia. The activity below comes from their website.
How to play:
1. Ask each person to choose a partner. Partners stand facing each other a few feet apart. As one partner moves very slowly, the other person must try to mirror the motions. Do this for a minute or so and then switch and have the other partner lead.
2. Talk about: Would you rather be the leader or the follower? Why?
3. Discuss: Jesus asks us to follow His example in every way. This includes loving others, even our enemies.
4. Ask someone to read or quote Galatians 2:20 (NIV), “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.”
5. To think about: Think about people you may have a difficult time loving, such as family members, fellow students, teachers, or others. Pray for those people throughout the week, asking God to help you influence them for Christ.