Published on November 22nd, 2012
Thanksgiving is on November 22 this year. When we think of Christian persecution, it might seem like there is not much to be thankful for. But this year, stories on this site have encouraged readers to thank God for:
- The release of several Christian prisoners.
- Giving Christians in a Muslim country the opportunity to help some Muslim students.
- Providing comfort to Sri Lankan children whose families have been persecuted.
- Sending Muslim youth to guard a church in Kenya against attacks by violent Muslims.
- The faithfulness of a Christian woman in a communist country who would not deny Jesus even when it brought her trouble.
- Giving strength to poor Christian children in Laos.
On Thanksgiving this year, remember to thank God for watching over suffering Christians around the world, and for their example of faithfulness to him.