Published on December 28th, 2018
The following quotes were shared with or by workers from The Voice of the Martyrs during 2018. Most of the quotes were shared by Christians from countries where believers are persecuted.
1. “Never once in my heart did I feel the Holy Spirit leading me to keep silent about Jesus.” — former Muslim woman who now follows Jesus.
2. “Persecutors know if they get the next generation, they win.” — VOM worker
3. “There is peace and contentment in being where God wants you, even in the shadow of death.” — VOM worker, inspired by the faith of a Christian in the Central Africa Republic
4. “Persecution has never stopped, and neither will I.” — African Christian who was hospitalized after enemies attacked him
5. “Prayer has to be a custom for you before a crisis comes.” — Iranian Christian
6. “The kingdom advances when God’s people take small steps of obedience.” — VOM worker
7. “I know I’m going to die for Christ, but before that, I’m going to share the gospel with as many people as I can.” — persecuted Christian in a Muslim country
8. “Everyone coming to Jesus is the only ‘peace process’.” — persecuted Christian in a war-torn country
9. “Every 40 hours, another Christian is attacked [in India].” — Christian worker in India
10. “We serve the persecuted to reach the persecutors.” — VOM worker
(Source: VOM workers and contacts. Edited for length, clarity, reading level, and security.)
Choose five of the quotes above and say them in your own words. How many of the quotes do you agree with?