Published on July 15th, 2014
The Sultan of Brunei has announced new Muslim (Sharia) laws for his country. Learn more about Sharia law here.
Some of the laws apply only to Muslims. For example, Muslims may be punished if they don’t pray memorized Muslim prayers on Fridays, the Muslim holy day. And Muslim girls cannot leave their parents’ custody until they are married.
But Christians are also concerned about parts of the law that may apply to Christians. Some of those rules are the following.
- Non-Muslims can’t take care of Muslim children.
- Muslims who become Christians may lose custody of their children.
- Christians may not teach Muslim children about Christianity, even in Christian schools.
- Non-Muslims cannot share their faith with Muslims.
- Muslims cannot declare themselves to be non-Muslims.
July 15th is the 68th birthday of the Sultan of Brunei. Pray he will be a wise leader. Pray for the Christians in his country.