Resources for Kids of Courage
Kids of Courage resources help parents and educators teach children ages 5 to 13 about persecuted Christians around the world, and provide opportunities for the children to serve and pray for them.
- Children learn about real-life Christian heroes who withstood persecution. Each DVD includes and animated 30-minute feature, a full-length documentary, and English and Spanish tracks. Topics include Richard Wurmbrand, John Bunyan, Jim Elliot, William Tyndale, Gladys Aylward, Eric Liddell, Perpetua, William Booth, Amy Carmichael, Samuel Morris, Augustine and Corrie ten Boom. You can see short clips of selected Torchlighters DVDs in the video section of this site. For more information about the DVDs, visit VOMBooks.com.
- Hardcover Picture Books
- Stories with colorful illustrations introduce children to the lives of noted Christians who have inspired believers throughout the years.
- Bold Believers Activity Books
- Bold Believers activity books include activity books with 40+ pages of stories, color photos, activities, and cultural information about one topic or country. The books are available to download for free on this site. Registration is required to download the activity books. A sample activity book is available for a free download without registration.
- Learning About Islam
- Learning About Islam helps parents and teachers share the truth about Islam from a Christian perspective with students age 8 and up. The book is available as a free download on this site.
- Lesson Plans
- International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church lesson plans for several years are available for free in the Downloads section of this site. The lesson plans are appropriate for Sunday school or other group lessons at any time of the year.
The VOM Bookstore features other resources for families and children.