Make and Play a Board Game
(Source: Release International, a ministry that is part of The Voice of the Martyrs’ family of missions in the United Kingdom.)
Make a large game board on thick paper or poster board like the one shown above.
Now make 10 “Blessings” cards like the example shown. On each card, write one way that God has blessed Christians in countries where they are persecuted. If you need ideas, read stories on this site.
Make 10 “Woes” cards that tell obstacles the Christians might face when they try to attend church.
Make 10 “Prayer” cards, each including a prayer need of a different country. If you need help, look in the Countries section or find prayer points in stories on this site.
Cut a small game piece out of poster board for each player. Make sure each piece is different.
How to Play
• Put the game pieces near the bus at the start.
• The first player rolls a dice or number cube and moves their game piece the number of spaces shown.
• When a player lands on a “P” space, they pick up a “Prayer” card and read it aloud. Players talk about the prayer request, then pray for the country described.
• When a player lands on a “B” space, they draw a “Blessing” card and read it aloud, then move their game piece another space forward.
• When a player lands on a “W” space, they pick up a “Woes” card, read it aloud, then move one space backward.
• Players take turns moving their game pieces. The first player to reach the church wins.
Reminder: The International Day of Prayer for Persecuted Church will be observed on November 4th.