Published on May 28th, 2010
Some buses and trucks in Pakistan are painted in bright colors. They are covered from top to bottom with flowers, designs, lights, tinsel, and beads. Artists in the market make a living decorating the vehicles. The owners of buses believe more people will want to ride their bus if it is pretty. Some people even ride on the roofs of buses in big luggage racks.
You can make a colorful bus or truck out of a tissue box or shoe box.
- Remove the cover of the box and turn it upside down.
- Cut off the end of the box that will be the front of the bus. Save the piece that you cut off.
- Cut back about one-third the length of the top of the box along both edges of the top. Fold the flap that you cut into the shape of a windshield and hood.
- Cut away the sides until they are the same height and width as the hood.
- Secure the hood to the sides with tape. Use a piece of the front that you cut off to make the part where the headlights go. Tape it to the bus.
- Cover the bus with colorful paper, or decorate it with paint, crayons, or markers.
- Glue or tape white paper to the bus to make a windshield, windows, and doors.
- Cut out cardboard wheels, and glue or tape them on.
- Glue on bells, beads, or other decorations.