Published on November 21st, 2019
You can make a bag to help you remember the blessings God has provided for His children.
*Brown or white paper lunch bag
*Brown, yellow, red, and orange craft foam
*5 mm wiggle eyes
*A Bible verse about thankfulness printed or written on thick paper or cardstock
*10 or more 3-by-5 index cards or small cards cut from thick paper or cardstock
*Pen or marker
1. Fold down 1¼ inches of the top of the bag to the inside of the bag. Optional: Glue or tape in place.
2. Punch two holes on the front and back of the bag about an inch from the top and an inch to each side of the center of the bag.
3. Form a loop with two lengths of twine. Thread the ends from the outside to the inside of the bag through the holes. Knot and glue the ends on the inside to form handles.
4. Cut the following shapes from the craft foam: 5 teardrop shapes (feathers) approximately 2¼ inches long from 2 or more colors, 1 brown circle about 2½ inches in diameter, 1 brown piece about 1½ inches wide and 1¼ inches tall in the shape of a rounded three leaf clover, 2 feet about an inch wide, a rounded yellow triangle about ¾ inch across at the top and ½ inches tall, and a turkey wattle about ¾ inch long.
5. Glue the ends of the feathers to the back of the larger brown circle. Assemble and glue the remaining pieces and the eyes together as shown in the photo. Glue the Bible verse to the bag.
6. Write one thing you are thankful for on each card. Consider including some of the following.
*I am thankful that nothing can separate us or persecuted Christians from the love of Christ.
*We are thankful for Christians who share the gospel in difficult places.
*Thank God that He never leaves or forsakes those who are suffering.
*Praise God for the “cloud of witnesses” described in the Book of Hebrews.
7. During Thanksgiving week, draw cards out of the bag during mealtimes or devotions
and thank God for the blessings listed on the cards.