What do Muslims believe?
Are the God of the Bible and Allah of the Quran the same?
What is Shariah law?
How should we react to terrorism?
How can we witness to Muslims?
How do Christian beliefs about women differ from Muslim beliefs?
How are Christians treated in Muslim countries?
Published on May 18th, 2015
Razia, a 9-year-old girl in Pakistan, told what she learned from the booklet she received. Her story is below.
My grandfather died last month. So I was very sad. My Sunday school teacher visited me and gave me a storybook of Jesus. She told me, “Your grandfather was a believer. He is in heaven with Jesus. You can find this good news in this book.”
So happily I read the book and found this fact that Jesus is always with His people in heaven and on earth. And He is coming back to take His loving people.
I shared this good news with my grandmother. She said, “Yes, this good news is for those who receive Jesus as their personal Savior.”
Now I believe my life is safe in Jesus.
To Talk About
- Have you ever visited someone who is sad and tried to comfort them? Ask a Christian adult to give you some ideas about things to say to help someone who is sad.
- Razia went to Sunday school, but had not read the Bible. She did not understand the good news of Jesus’ salvation. Do you know how to tell someone how they can be saved?
- Do you have a daily Bible reading plan so you can learn Bible truths to help others understand them?
Published on May 15th, 2015
Previous posts told about children in Pakistan who received booklets about Jesus that changed their lives. Read another testimony below from a Pakistani Muslim boy who is learning about Jesus from the book and from his friend.
My name is Rehman, and I belong to a poor family. Most of my friends are Christians, but we live together [peacefully].
One day I went to my friend’s home. Some friends at the home were reading books. I heard them talking about the book The Story of Jesus. They were talking about salvation. They said Jesus heals sick people.
I took the book home and read it, but I kept it secret from my family. After I read the book, I knew about the miracles of Jesus.
My older brother had been sick for many years. I asked my friend to ask Jesus to heal my brother. My friend asked me to come to Sunday school with him and we can both pray for Jesus. I went, and all the children prayed with me for my brother.
I kept going to Sunday school and learned more about Jesus. My brother is much better, and I share the stories of Jesus with him.
To Think About
- What did Rehman see and hear when he went to his friend’s house?
- What books do your friends see when they visit your house? Do they ever hear people sharing with each other what they have learned about Jesus?
- Some people think it is not polite to talk with non-Christians about Christian beliefs. What do you think?
Published on May 14th, 2015
- Most of the people in Pakistan are Muslims. It’s not always easy or safe for Christians to share their faith with others.
- Many Pakistani Christians are poor and cannot afford to buy Bibles for themselves or their children.
- The Voice of the Martyrs distributes Bibles in Pakistan, particularly to children.
The previous post told about one child who learned more about Jesus from a gospel booklet, even though she could not read. The story below tells about another child who learned that he can have hope in Jesus.
My name is Adeel. One day I was playing with my friend. Usually I did not go out to play because I was full of fear of terrorists.
After we finished our cricket match, my friend gave me a book. (Cricket is a game somewhat like baseball.) I asked my friend, “Why are you giving me a book?”
He said, “This is a beautiful book.” He asked me to read the book before going to bed that night. I didn’t read it that day, but one day I read a page, and the picture on the page made me worried. [The page showed wicked people attacking a house and people who lived in fear with no hope. The book goes on to tell about God sending His Son to save people and to give them hope.]
But I found hope in the book because the Lord gave His Son Jesus so nothing can separate us from the love of Jesus. Now I am living a hopeful life.
To Talk About
- Terrorists use threats of violence to try to force others to do what they want. Read more about terrorists’ beliefs here. How did Adeel learn not to fear terrorists so much?
- How can you encourage someone who is fearful?
Published on May 13th, 2015
My name is Lubna, and I am 12 years old. I belong to a very poor family of five children. Our father has died, and our mother works in a leather factory.
I never went to church or Sunday school, and I never prayed because I believed that God doesn’t love and care for us. He made us so poor that even our friends and relatives don’t want to meet with us. I often became very upset and wondered why we were so poor that nobody cares for us, and no one helps us.
One day with my friend I went to a program in our area, and I received a book called The Story of Jesus.” I have never attended school, and I can’t read and write. I can only look at the pictures, and in that book, on one page, there was a man walking on the water with another man. [See the story in Matthew 14:23–33.]
My friend told me that Jesus is walking on the water. He has power to do that, which means he has power to bring us out of difficulties. He loves, cares for, and always helps everyone if we spend time with Him and become His friend.
I asked my friend how can I become Jesus’ friend. She told me how to pray, go to church, and attend Sunday school like she is doing. I have started going to Sunday school, and I also pray regularly. I tell stories which I learn from Sunday school to my family as well.
I feel our family problems are solving slowly. I believe this is happening due to having the amazing book about Jesus, and coming to know Jesus and receiving His blessings.
To Talk About
Lubna asked her friend how to become Jesus’ friend. If someone asked you how to become a friend of Jesus, how would you answer their question?
Published on May 12th, 2015
The previous post included a testimony from Shiza, a girl in Pakistan who received a booklet about Jesus. Read below about a boy whose friend shared a booklet with him.
[A testimony is a statement of what you have seen or heard. A Christian testimony tells what you know about Jesus, and may include how you came to believe in Him and how He has changed your life.]
My name is Rizwan, and I am 11 years old. Last month one of my friends gave me The Story of Jesus book. I was very excited for having such a colorful book. I read the whole book in one day.
I always thought that God only loves good people and never likes and loves bad people and sinners. But the most important thing, which changed my thinking after reading the book, is that He loves everyone. I was very naughty and used to tease others, and I never helped others. Many times I didn’t obey my parents. I believed that God doesn’t love me.
After reading the book, I came to know that God loves everyone. He sent His Son to earth to give His life on the cross to save every human, whether good, bad, or sinner. I also read that whoever believes in Jesus and accepts Him as his personal Savior, He will forgive that person his sins.
I became so happy that God also loves me even though I am not a good boy. After a few days, I prayed wholeheartedly to God that I will not do bad things, and I asked Him to forgive my sins.
Thanks to my friend who shared this book with me.
To Think About
- Does God love children who misbehave?
- What is your attitude toward those who misbehave in your class, group, or family?
- What did Rizwan’s friend do that helped him?
- Do you pray for people who are not behaving well? Ask a mature adult to help you know if there are other ways you can help those who misbehave, and pray with the adult for guidance.